As with previous rounds to support social distancing the meeting was again held over two days. The youngsters on Saturday and seniors on Sunday.
Indifferent weather conditions over the two days kept the tyre selection a premium consideration for the drivers. Feature trophies for the weekend were the Bambino Trophy and Granville Grubb Memorial Trophy for KZ (gearbox class). This was also the final of the two round Northern Challenge with Round 1 held two weeks earlier by North of Scotland Kart Club in Golspie.
Stand out highlights over the weekend included the delight that Ryan White showed on learning that he had won the Bambino Trophy. Ally Smith in KZ (gearbox class) winning the Granville Grubb Memorial Trophy for the fourth time. Veteran driver, Robbie Gray (72) from Evanton, won heat three and took the KZUK Northern Challenge title and for the first time there was a class of five historic gearbox karts taking part in the BDOC.
- 1st – Ryan White (Peterculter)
- 2nd – Dylan Rankin (Foveran)
- 3rd – Jude Buchan (Peterhead)
- 1st – Aiden Macdonald (Woodhead)
- 2nd – Leo Massie (Huntly)
- 3rd – Duncan Ingram (Bridge End)
Mini Rotax Max
- 1st – Steven Duncan (Aberchirder)
- 2nd – Eihli Smith (Westhill)
- 1st – Reece Duthie (Stuartfield)
- 2nd – Craig Steven (Elgin)
- 3rd – Kieran Wood (Mintlaw)
- 1st – Cameron Bailey (Kinross)
- 2nd – Angus Scrivener (Limekilns)
- 3rd – Kieran Crosbie (Dunblane)
- 1st – Keiran Smart (Oldmeldrum)
- 2nd –Jonathan Edwards (Cornhill)
- 3rd – Dominic Lund (Cornhill)
Senior Max 177
- 1st – Robert Strachan (Turriff)
- 2nd – Brendan Walker (Marypark)
- 3rd – Stuart Wyness (Inverurie)
Senior Max Clubman
- 1st – John Fairclough (Rosehearty)
- 2nd – Phillip Patterson (Forgue)
- 3rd – Gordon Black (Elgin)
- 1st – Ryan Fleming (Lethal)
- 2nd – Rik Christie (Bridge of Don)
- 3rd – Murray Scott (Glenrothes)
- 1st – Neil McWilliam (Elgin)
- 2nd – Ross McWilliam (New Elgin)
- 3rd – Dave Wiseman (Forres)
KZ2 UK (Gearbox)
- 1st – Ally Smith (Peterhead)
- 2nd – Chris Walker (Aberlour)
- 3rd – Gary Williams (Ellon)
Full results of the day can be viewed on speedhive.
That’s a wrap for 2020 and we hope for a return to a more “normal” year next year.