The Boyndie Drome Open Challenge was established to create a fun, easy and affordable way to go racing. This series is an ideal stepping stone into Motorsport UK Racing – where classes are more tightly regulated by trained officials.
- Round 1 – 11-12 July
- Dickie Bent Cup – Juniors
- Andrew Borton Memorial Quaich for top KZUK in the final (open to GKC members)
- Round 2 – 8-9 August
- Mike Philip Memorial Trophy – Juniors
- JRD Cup – Lowest point score of the day
- Round 3 – 12-13 September
- Cadet Cup
- September Cup
- Round 4 – 10-11 October
- Bambino Trophy
- Granville Grubb Memorial Trophy
GKC can withdraw any feature trophy if not enough entries.
GKC is an inclusive club and will try cater for all kart types and give classes their own grid where there is demand.
The most popular classes catered for are:
- Bambinos (Comer C50)
- Honda Cadets
- Twin-engined prokarts
- Mini Max
- Jnr Max
- Snr Max & Snr 177 (heavies)
- KZUK (6 speed gearbox)
For a full breakdown of the rules please download the ‘BDOC rules’ which can be found at the bottom of the page.
Amended race format for Round 1. Saturday 11 July will be for bambinos, cadets, mini max and junior max. Sunday 12 July will be for Twin-engined prokarts (both jnr & snr),
Open practice from 9am-midday of 8min sessions. Racing will commence from 12.40pm with:
- Timed qualifying session of 8mins
- 2x 8min races + 1 lap (grid based on entry order for heat 3 and reversed for heat 2)
- 1x 9min final + 1 lap (grid on points of timed quali and heats)
- Bambinos will get 4x 8min time trials, best points of day wins
The Boyndie Drome Open Challenge for 2020 consists of 6 rounds with 5 to count. To compete in the championship you may only use either 2 or 3 sets of tyres for the season (check the rules for your class).
Points will be scored 1st – 0, 2nd – 2, 3rd – 3 and so on. Non attendance is grid on the day.
For 2020 you can now enter our race meetings online, follow the link below to complete the entry form.