The Boyndie Drome Open Challenge was established to create a fun, easy and affordable way to go racing. This series is an ideal stepping stone into Motorsport UK Racing – where classes are more tightly regulated by trained officials.
- Round 1 – 7-8 May
- Round 2 – 19-20 June
- Round 3 – 10-11 July
- Round 4 – 7-8 August
- Round 5 – 11-12 September
- Round 6 – 9-10 October
Race meetings will be run as split events as per 2020, divided as follows:
- Honda Cadets
- Mini Rotax Max
- Junior Rotax Max
- Twin Engine Prokarts Junior
- Historic Gearbox
- Club Hire Karts
- Twin Engine Prokarts Senior
- Senior Rotax Max
- Senior Rotax Max 177 & Clubman
GKC can withdraw any feature trophy if not enough entries.
GKC is an inclusive club and will try cater for all kart types and give classes their own grid where there is demand.
The most popular classes catered for are:
- Bambinos (Comer C50)
- Honda Cadets
- Twin-engined prokarts
- Mini Max
- Jnr Max
- Snr Max & Snr 177 (heavies)
- KZUK (6 speed gearbox)
For a full breakdown of the rules please download the ‘BDOC rules’ which can be found at the bottom of the page.
For 2021 Grampian Kart Club will run a hire kart / arrive and drive series on Saturday afternoons. For more information visit the hire kart series page.
- Open practice from 9am – 11:15am (approx 4 sessions of around 10mins per class) Owner drivers only
- Timed qualifying session of 6mins
- 2x 8min races + 1 lap (grid based on entry order for heat 3 and reversed for heat 2)
- 1x 9min final + 1 lap (grid on points of timed quali and heats)
- Bambinos will get 4x 8min time trials, best points of day wins
The Boyndie Drome Open Challenge for 2021 consists of 6 rounds with 5 to count for owner kart classes. Hire kart class will consist of 4 of 6 to count. Tyre sets are limited depending on class for this series – please check the rules.
You can enter our race meetings online the week before the event, follow the link below to complete the entry form.