The Boyndie Drome Open Challenge was established to create a fun, easy and affordable way to go racing. This series is an ideal stepping stone into Motorsport UK Racing – where classes are more tightly regulated by trained officials.
- Round 1 – 13 March
- Round 2 – 10 April
- Round 3 – 12 June
- Round 4 – 14 August
- Round 5 – 11 September
- Round 6 – 9 October
Typical classes catered for:
- Honda Cadets
- Mini Rotax Max
- Junior Rotax Max
- Twin Engine Prokarts Junior
- Historic Gearbox
- Club Hire Karts
- Twin Engine Prokarts Senior
- Senior Rotax Max
- Senior Rotax Max 177 & Clubman
GKC can withdraw any feature trophy if not enough entries.
GKC is an inclusive club and will try cater for all kart types and give classes their own grid where there is demand.
The most popular classes catered for are:
- Bambinos (Comer C50)
- Honda Cadets
- Twin-engined prokarts
- Mini Max
- Jnr Max
- Snr Max & Snr 177 (heavies)
- KZUK (6 speed gearbox)
Tyres as of Round 3 onwards
Due to the ongoing supply issue of Mojo tyres for Rotax classes we will allow the following tyres:
Mini / Jnr Max – Mojo D2, Komet K2H or Maxxis new age green
Snr Max – Mojo D5, Komet K2M or Maxxis new age green
These tyres will still be counted towards your season allocation.
For a full breakdown of the rules please download the ‘BDOC rules’ which can be found at the bottom of the page.
For 2022 Grampian Kart Club will run a hire kart / arrive and drive series on Saturday afternoons. For more information visit the hire kart series page.
- Drivers briefing 9am with 3 lap practice shortly after
- 3x 6min heats + 1 lap (grid generated from entries)
- 1x 8min final + 1lap (grid based off total points from heats)
- Bambinos will have 1x 6min qualifying heat (grid for subsequent heats formed by fastest time). 2x 6min + 1 lap races with standing starts. Final 8mins + 1 lap, grid formed from total score of all 3 heats
- Saturday Practice – £20 (+£10 for non-members)
- Sunday Race Entry – £50 (+£10 day membership for non-members)
- Transponder Hire – £10
The Boyndie Drome Open Challenge for 2022 consists of 6 rounds with 5 to count for owner kart classes. Hire kart class will consist of 4 of 6 to count. Tyre sets are limited depending on class for this series – please check the rules.
You can enter our race meetings online the week before the event, follow the link below to complete the entry form.